Soundboard Cleaning

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:36:41 -0400

If the soundboard cleans up without water, then I do not use water. If I =
need to, then I do. I have never used vinegar - just a water-damp rag. I =
use the soundboard steel to push the rag around some areas. I also use =
Bill Spurlock's soundboard cleaners alone, with the vacuum, and I use =
them to "scrub" with the damp rag when needed.

The strings will dry off in seconds if any moisture gets on them. They =
will only rust if the moisture exposure is long term.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Rick Bazemore=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 8:10 AM
  Subject: Soundboard Cleaning

  On this subject Reblitz recommends using the soundboard steel with a =
cloth moistened with the water/vinegar solution.  My question is =
wouldn't the moisture in the cloth coming in contact with the strings =
cause them to rust?

  I am scheduled to do this procedure Wednesday and would appreciate =
your responses.

  Rick Bazemore