Yamaha flange cord repair, time estimate....k

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:42:17 -0700

Tony Said: "Hi Joe,

Excluding time recording old flanges in front of TV set.

Remove hammer assy, replace flanges, replace hammer assy and align. 2.5 Hrs
Reface hammers 1 Hr total 3.5 Hrs

Remove hammer assy from flange, remove hammer rest rail, remove old cords,
replace cords, replace hammer assy & replace hammer rest rail.  3.5 Hrs.

Thanks Tom, you are right about not the dampers, the hammer rest rail is it.

Tony Caught
Adelaide Australia"

Tony,
I want to make sure I'm reading your post correctly. To replace the cords,
(only), using the existing flanges, it takes 3.5 hours? And, replacing with
new flanges, it takes 2.5 hour? Am I reading you right?
Of course the hammer "surfacing", (this is the term, I WISH all of you would
use.<G>), is another job, outside of the designated "Flange Cord
Replacement". (BTW, your time is that of an experienced technician and
lightly grooved hammers.<G> The average time for an "average" technician,
doing medium to heavy grooved hammers, is 2 hours.)
Thanks for your input. Much appreciated.
Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I