Google search "piano tuner"

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:45:16 -0400

Hi

I'm not sure why you guys have more than a small problem with this web
site - if you're an honest and decent piano technician, he's not
talking about you!

He does have a valid point. I am sure many piano technicians feel
pressure to become a member of the PTG simply so they can say they are
one, or so they don't have to say they're not one. However, as he says,
since the PTG can't control its members, particularly in regard to
business ethics, the standard of quality the customer presumes from a
PTG member isn't guaranteed.

He speaks about a mixed bag - an increased standard of quality as a
result of the guild (ideally), but the potential for an elitist group
where to have respect you must be part of it. And he feels nowadays the
guild doesn't deliver on what it's suppose to.

He does seem to be venting a bit however.

- John