Soundboard Cleaning

Hazen Bannister hazen@bannisterpiano.com
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 22:25:39 -0400

Rick Bazemore wrote:

> On this subject Reblitz recommends using the soundboard steel with a
> cloth moistened with the water/vinegar solution.  My question is
> wouldn't the moisture in the cloth coming in contact with the strings
> cause them to rust?
>
> I am scheduled to do this procedure Wednesday and would appreciate
> your responses.
>
> Rick Bazemore

> New and Improved Yahoo! Mail
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/100/*http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail/static/efficiency.html>
> - 100MB free storage!

Rick,
   Miniwax makes a good wood cleaner, available at Lowe's,or other
similiar stores.Also a wooden yard stick works better than a soundboard
steel tool.It is stiffer,and therefore will push a cloth better, but
flexible enough to bend under the strings.Also it's so soft, it will not
scratch the soundboard.
Best,
Hazen Bannister