PTG website on search results

Israel Stein custos3@comcast.net
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 08:51:22 -0700

List,

I've forwarded Mark Davidson's remarks about web searches on "tuner",
"piano tuner" etc. to the PTG-L list, and below is a response from the PTG
website's webmaster Ron Berry. By the way, if there are suggestions or
complaints about the website, anyone can always send them to the webmaster
or any member of the PTG Electronic Communications Committee - whose
contact information is on the website. They are very amenable to suggestions.

Israel Stein

<start quote>

The words "tuner", and "tuning" are in meta tags which are invisible but
are still
found by the search engines.  But they are not causing us to be found.
Google rates sites based on how many other sites link back to the site.  The
fact that we started a long time ago gave us the advantage of getting some
placement.  Search engine placement is a very valued commodity and many
of them charge for good placement.  I haven't resubmitted our information to
all the search engines recently and may be able to help the listings by doing
so.  I agree that many people might search for piano tuner.  The piano page
was never meant to be for the technicians.  It is supposed to be a portal for
all kinds of information about the piano industry.  Much of what has been
added in the last year has been internal information.

It may be that I can reorganize the information with a piano owner and
technician track.  I have kicked around this idea but a lot of information
crosses both lines.

Ron

Ron Berry Piano Service
Indianapolis, IN 46220