Soundboard Cleaning

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:05:25 -0700

Don't use the compressor as a rule but have a tank I can fill up=
 for the occasional use...

David I.

From: Robert J Russell <brjr@sbcglobal.net>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: Soundboard Cleaning

List, the air compressor sounds like a good method to clean. I=
 use a small shop vac that has reverse air flow. Definitely not=
 as good as the air compressor, but not bad either. And a lot=
 lighter to carry as well.
Bob Russell, RPT

Topperpiano@aol.com wrote:
My preferred method for soundboard cleaning is compressed air. =
 Just got a new small one  - the Husky Easy Air from Home Depot=
 that weighs only about 25 lbs.  I use it the same time as my=
 vacuum.  Aim the nozzle and shoot, also holding the vacuum=
 nozzle in the other hand.  I try to vacuum the piano first to=
 remove the most of it, then hit it with both. The compressed air=
 loosens dirt, and the vacuum gets the rest.  Just remember to=
 put the compressor on a piece of cardboard so that any oil=
 residue won't get on floors,  TP