Glassing pinblocks

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:59:43 -0700

I prefer to limit my exposure to epoxy and it's thickening agents and I'd
like to find something with a variable cure rate that can be controlled by
the amount of catalyst.  Epoxy is sensitive to proportions, resins are not,
they simply cure more slowly if less is added.  Actually the stuff Jon Page
uses (Marine Tex) is a resin, not an epoxy as I mentioned earlier, and
would be fine except I would like something not quite so thick.  I prefer
not to have to squeeze out the excess with a lot of clamp pressure.  I have
used it before and it works well, though, I may just go back to it.
Something with slightly less viscosity that is a similar product would be
better for me.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net