Glassing pinblocks

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:15:42 EDT

Avery
     I personally see little benefit from  this extra step (mess). It doesn't
take more than an hour to fit the  average block nicely to the flange. &
don't forget the shear strength  of the 40 plus screws as well.
    I've not experienced tuning instability do  to fitting a block in the
conventional manner so what is the glassing really  for? It must be necessary to
at least fit the flange fairly well to start with  & then the liquid
aggravation ?(gnash). I don't see it as needed but to each  there own. For me it's
overkill for some it makes them feel more secure about  getting every last spot to
touch which I understand in theory. I'll be the lone  dissenter along with
you of course.
    Dale Erwin

I don't  mean to be a smart a** here, but why not sand, file, whatever, with
the  liquid chalk "stuff" to make it fit correctly? That's the way I've
always  heard it should be done, anyway.

Avery