Propagating false, inflamatory messages

Jim Kinnear jim@pianoguy.com
Sat, 1 May 2004 14:37:48 -0400

Excellent point, Bob.
There are many sites on the web dedicated to flushing this crap where it =
belongs.=20
No ( reputable newspaper would get away with this unchecked type of =
article.
I regularly get these . ." pass on to everybody you know . ." =
variations, and invariably, checked out, I use Hoaxbusters.com, they are =
found to be long circulating fabrications . . . .

If people want to start a rumour, how about " Steinway will give a =
dollar to the PTG for every piano tuned this year" . . . Pass it on to =
all your gullible friends . . .  just kidding . . . yikes, someone might =
take it seriously . . . although . . . maybe . . .=20

Jim Kinnear
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: BobDavis88@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 1:42 PM
  Subject: Re: OT: DON'T BUY PEPSI IN THE NEW CAN ! (MISSING "UNDER =
GOD")

  I don't know why you are posting this to the pianotech list, but =
please at least take the time to check out this kind of thing before =
promoting its existence. It's been circulating for years.

  more info at http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blpepsi-can.htm

  Bob Davis

        Pepsi Omits 'Under God' in Patriotic Can Promotion =20
      =20
        Netlore Archive:  Baseless email campaign protests the alleged =
omission of the words 'under God' in an excerpt from the Pledge of =
Allegiance on special promotional Pepsi cans =20

              Circulating since:  Aug. 2002
              Analysis:  See below   =20
      =20

  =20