silk cord

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Mon, 03 May 2004 06:45:02 -0500

>Hello
>
>I am looking for silk cord for hammer flanges and am wondering if it is
>available at any stores other than piano supply companies.
>
>Thanks
>
>Jack Houweling

Try a local medical supply house for a spool of silk suture. It comes in a
handy range of sizes, and is very tough.

http://www.finescience.com/fst/NeedleHolders/18020-60.html

Years ago, I bought (cheap) a few spools of size 1 braided silk suture from
American Science and Surplus (Jerryco, then), and still carry one in my
tool case for repairs and use as the dreaded Kansas straightedge for
checking soundboard crown. The spool says it's from J. A. Deknatel & Son,
which has a web page.

http://www.deknatel.com/products/index.asp

Unfortunately, a search of the American Science and Surplus page didn't
list any, but they have lots of other wonderful toys to divert your
attention from more useful pursuits.

Ron N