PTBiz

Richard Snelson rsnelson0984@mchsi.com
Mon, 3 May 2004 08:49:46 -0500

To add a bit more. The first time I called Ed about purchasing his software,
he told me that I would have to call him if I ever changed computers. I
quized him on this and boy did he get mad! Hung up on me very quickly. I
still called back a few days later an made the purchase.

He was helpful on two later calls that I made about a quirk that came up in
the software.

My latest problem occured as I tried to end the year on my old computer. I
kept going down after an hour or so of data input. I purchase a new HP and
called Ed to move the software. Told him I was finishing the year and would
not be using the software in the future since I'm cutting back my work. Well
that too darn bad, Rich. I have a new upgrade and the only way I'll help you
is for you to fork over the $$$. Lied and said he couldn't help because he
didn't have the code to unlock on the old version. That probably pissed me
off more than trying to push the upgrade on someone that just needed to end
the year. I developed software for a number of years and understand the time
it takes to invent a new program. I also knew the hidden file Ed had in
Windows that would allow moving the software without him. I never used it or
told anyone how to move to a new computer.

Software is structured in a very stiff manner. It must be used only as it
is. Database is set for PTbiz and requires software expert to move it to
another platform. I used it for three year, mainly to compute year end
totals. I printed mailing labels from it twice. It does allow printing
labels for specific regions, towns, areas.

So it's up to you. This is only my experiece with someone who is extremely
touchy about talking to his customers. Ed did open up a bit on my second
call when he found I also did software development. I won't go into the rant
he had about piano technicians in general. I don't like to be so negative on
the guy, but he can be a real ass. (I guess I can too) Rich
Richard Snelson
rsnelson0984@mchsi.com