PTBiz

Mike Bratcher MBratPianos@Indy.rr.com
Mon, 3 May 2004 13:44:21 -0500

I have had just about all the same experiences you all have had.  Most =
of the problems with this program arise from the security codes within.  =
I know many of us are constrained from upgrading our computers because =
of this program.  It is more of a hassle than it's worth.  I know you =
need to make money for your labor.  But Ed has created the labor, =
meaning; having the security codes so strict allows him to control his =
distribution, but also make the user buy new software.   We have no =
choice.  I now have a hasp key, and  I personally am relieved that I =
will never ever have to talk to that jerk again.

Mike Bratcher
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dean May=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 8:12 AM
  Subject: RE: PTBiz

  >>   I have never met Ed Winslow,the owner of PTBiz,but have been =
talking with him for years on the phone.I purchased PTBiz when it first =
came out,and have been pleased with the product.He has been very helpful =
every time I have called,and he had instructions on his site for =
transferring PTBiz to a new machine, free of charge.

  =20

  I've known Ed Winslow for several years and he is a very honorable =
man. He is very good friends with my brother. When he first started =
developing PTBiz he came over and spent a day at my shop, looking at my =
system of tracking customers and soliciting my input on what features =
would be good for piano techs. He put all of his personal resources on =
the line to develop PTBiz, spending many months doing it and large sums =
of money. I personally despise software locks, but I can understand why =
he might be sensitive to piracy issues.

  =20

  Blessings,

  =20