Can you sell me some piano wire?

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Mon, 3 May 2004 19:17:17 -0500

I sold a pound once to an asphalt paving company who wanted several =
hundred feet of it. I think they were going to use it as a sight line =
for the paving machine somehow.
=20
Dean
=20
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On =
Behalf Of Dave Smith
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 4:47 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Can you sell me some piano wire?
=20
I had a call today from a guy who wanted to buy come pianos =
wire....about 36".   I asked him what size, he didnt know.  Told him =
that his piano would care what size the replacement wire is, and he said =
it wasnt for a piano.  Right.
=20
I agreed to give him some wire just for goodwill. He showed up with a =
lawn mower throttle cable with the internal wire corroded  and broken.  =
Number 13 piano wire.  I gave him about 6 feet of wire and told him to =
tell any of his friends who have pianos about me.    Gave me a dollar =
anyway.=20
=20
You all have probably helped fix throttle cables yourselves, but I =
thought this was worth sharing.   =20
=20
What a job!
=20