Unsubscribing

Sarah Fox sarah@gendernet.org
Wed, 5 May 2004 12:08:08 -0400

Hi Bill, Avery,

> (~and we've
> never have this problem with the ladies~)

No????  You're too kind, really.

I've tried to be respectful in my OT posts.  I've never engaged in name
calling or other aggressive tactics, but I admit to having been political in
my postings.  Personally, I don't have a problem with the occurrence of
postings that are of no interest to me.  For instance, when I see PTBiz
postings, I just don't open them.  I don't delete them either.  They just
take up more of my HD space.  I guess I could delete them if it mattered
that much, but hard drives are so enormous nowadays, one email is but a
molecule in the Pacific Ocean -- hardly worth the effort.

That notwithstanding, other people DO have a problem with OT posts (at least
if they contain any left-wing ideology), and I need to respect that.  As
someone who's not a professional, I'm but a guest on this list.  I try to
contribute what insights I have, in return for everything I'm learning from
you all about pianos.  I try to respect a code of give and take.  However, I
am still a guest here.  I regret that Avery (a fellow Texan with whom I have
have exchanged several friendly emails off list) has felt it necessary to
leave.

I will do better.

I hope everyone does credit me with one thing, though.  Someone said, half
contemptuously, that the folks making OT posts are "trying to save the
world."  Yes, that is exactly right.  I would not have made those posts if I
did not consider them important.  I was not trying to pick fights.  I was
trying to make people aware of some serious problems that I see -- problems
that most people don't encounter in their normal, everyday lives.  No matter
which side of the isle we come from, I think we can all agree that we are at
a crossroads in this society.  I hope we choose the right direction.

Peace always,
Sarah