OT but important for all net users

Wed, 05 May 2004 19:13:21 +0200

Hi folks

This being an internett based list its pertainant to post from time to
time relavant links to information about internett security.  All of us
know the pain in the arse all these virus storms cause for us all, and
many of us do our very best to keep our puters up to date.

Microsoft has newly released the following links which you should visit.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-011.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-007.mspx

In addition these advisory links are recommended

http://www.norman.com/Virus/Security_Advisory/12744
http://www.lurhq.com/lsassadvisory.html

Lots of new virus variants are on the loose, and so if you are useing a
windows based machine you should defininatly run your updates as soon as
possible.

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

In addition... for computer savvy folks using XP the following link is
very very usefull and provides in depth information on how to turn off
many of XP's un-needed services.

http://www.blackviper.com/

Cheers

RicB