Some details on a moderated pianotech

jason kanter jkanter@rollingball.com
Wed, 5 May 2004 11:59:06 -0700

I agree with Andre completely. The moderator idea involves too much effort
for too little gain and possibly a good deal lost from the community spirit.
/Jason Kanter
----- Original Message -----
From: "antares" <antares@euronet.nl>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 11:25 AM
Subject: Re: Some details on a moderated pianotech

Hi Andy,
I personally think this is a pain in the you know what.
For years, this list has been a fine place for the exchange of piano
related e-mails.
Since we are people, it is inevitable that we crack a joke every now
and then and that never has been a serious problem. Too many jokes, and
a humor list was created, and that has worked fine too.
I am just worried that if you cut out the frivolous side of us humans,
this list will become purely an exchange of questions and answers,
where at the same time it always had a function of just a little more
than that, and that is exactly what makes this list so attractive and
addictive too.

The real problem always occurs when Evangelists want to evangelize and
Politicians want to politicize.
Indeed, this list is definitely not a religious forum nor a place for
political debate.

My advice would be to skip the OT possibility, get a stern warning out
to religious and politically minded subscribers to cut the you know
what, and let's get on with it the way is has gone on fine for many
years.

Otherwise you will get indeed a number of different lists and it might
be possible that pianotech gets sort of sterile.

My € (Euro)

André Oorebeek