Some details on a moderated pianotech

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Thu, 6 May 2004 00:54:39 -0400

At 11:26 PM +0200 5/5/04, Richard Brekne wrote:
>I have to side with David P, Andy, and Kent on this one.   This is a
>good idea as :
>
>#1 --  Those who want things to stay like they are will notice no
>change whatsoever
>#2 --  Those  who want a moderated list will be provided one
>#3 --  The  concept provides the opportunity to streamline the
>archives to include only topical relevant posts.

Until someone on a thread about voicing a Steinway hammer says, "I
asked myself, what would Jesus have done and He answered my prayers.
So I did..............". If the moderator is doing his job, the folks
on pianotech-m will be denied a perfectly good technique.

Do I really understand that we're pressing into service more PTG
volunteers just because people can manage to filter out an "OT". I
think we need a show of hands of all people whose software is not
equipped to filter. Heck, even the archives could filter out a post
with an "OT" in the header.

(Can you tell, I have no patience with people who expect the rest of
the world to accomplish magically what they should easily be doing
for themselves.)

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"All God's Children got Rhythm"
     ...........Ivy Anderson in "A Day at the Races"