steinway over hardened hammer

antares antares@euronet.nl
Thu, 6 May 2004 11:02:37 +0200

On 6-mei-04, at 1:13, jason kanter wrote:

> Please describe "needling up" ...
> /Jason

Needling up means using the tension in the lower halve of the hammer.
Sometimes we too have some softer hammers but it is in my opinion not=20
good to harden the hammers with a hardener.
Why not?
Because the hammer, if it is a good hammer, will have good power in the=20=

basis, which I call the battery, because when you need more power in=20
the upper halve of the hammer you go into the battery and start=20
needling from just above the staple up to 9 or 3 o'clock.
It will shift the power upwards and it will also open up the hammer.
Result?
More than enough NATURAL power  and a very lively tone.

I would like to write more about it but I have to go now to my work.
If any of you need more info about this, feel free to ask.

Andr=E9 Oorebeek

> Ever heard of needling up?
>
> friendly greetings
> from