Some details on a moderated pianotech

Thu, 06 May 2004 22:51:01 +0200

But Bob..... thats what we have been doing all along. And you know
yourself how things go. People will be people... varied in degree only
constrained by their numbers.  If you want a list which indeed is more
topical then what Pianotech is today, then you quite simply are forced
to accept a moderator.  If you do not accept a moderator... then you
quite simply are forced to accept what the general consensus creates.

A completely seperate list will serve no purpose,  it will not stop
anyone from behaving as they do on pianotech now. If you wish a more
topical list then CAUT is as good as its going to get... for however
long it stays that way.  Besides... we have a humour list already.
People already know they can post OT things there... but do you see
folks flocking to that list for said purpose ?  No...and you wont unless
you enforce the rule... and that means a moderator of sorts.

So... I say again...  Andys suggestion goes along ways to meeting both
basic perspectives half way.  I suggest you take it.

RicB