Wurlitzer Console Value

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 7 May 2004 10:57:49 -0400

Two years ago I sold a 1983 Brand X (I forget, but low quality - Conn =
maybe?) spinet that had a VERY nice cabinet, I fully regulated it (keys =
and everything), cleaned it real well, polished keys, and pitch-raised =
and tuned it, plus one tuning in the home for $1,300. A Wurly console =
should go for a bit more. I'm sure a dealer would ask up to $2K for what =
you are describing. However, I also know such a piano can be found in a =
private sale for as little as $500.

If I were not in a hurry to sell it and was seeking top dollar (and it =
is as nice as you describe), I would ask $1,800 - and be negotiable.

My three cents worth.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: pianotuning@instrumentalinks.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 10:06 AM
  Subject: Wurlitzer Console Value

  Hi Everyone,
  I have a 1984 Wurlitzer Console in excellent condition that I am going =
to be selling.  It belonged to a client who sold it to me because they =
just wanted to be rid of it! The inside is like new, and the case just =
has a few minor scratches. Can any of you more experienced "appraisers" =
tell me how much to ask for it?  BTW, it will be tuned, regulated etc..  =
Thanks!
  Jon in GA