proper tool use

John Formsma john@formsmapiano.com
Fri, 7 May 2004 21:13:54 -0500

List,

Pianotek bushing cloth cutter (#JCC-1, p. D-25)is very, very sharp!

Found out today as I got to use it for the first time today. I was not
expecting it to be so sharp - was holding a keystick in my left hand
while gently applying pressure to the bushing to be cut. It cut through
the wood (not much there 'cause it was a spinet), then cut an inch-wide
incision about 0.5-0.75" deep into my left index finger. No stitches -
just Steri-Strips. But an emergency room visit ain't cheap. (It was
nearly 5:00 p.m. and couldn't get to a clinic in time.)

Stupid me, yes, I know. Y'all be careful out there - someone's done did
it so you don't have to. Always have the keystick on a workbench or
floor when using this tool. Hands out of the way! Great tool, though....
:-)

Johnnie "the Blade" Formsma