Touchweight Goodie

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Sun, 9 May 2004 16:42:27 +0200

Richard,

Again congratulation for all the deep understanding you provide in
those matters.

I am unsure to understand what the trick is for changing key ratio
slightly , can you please explain a tad more ? is it the insertion of
a leverage point in front of the pin ? never heard of such a trick,
that is interesting.

I have to understand that one before looking at the spreadsheet more,
but it seem that you raised a point that was really unclear to me in
the formula.

thanks

Isaac

-----Message d'origine-----
De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]De la
part de Richard Brekne
Envoyé : samedi 8 mai 2004 01:55
À : Pianotech
Objet : Re: Touchweight Goodie

Richard Brekne wrote:

Another little point thats interesting to see is that a 6.0 ratio
comprised  of different top action / KR values doesnt  end up yielding
the same BW with all other values being  equal

Put 12 in for top action ratio, and 0.5 for KR... yeilding  a 6.0
balance weight ratio... or SWR if you like. Observe the resulting BW's
on the far right collum.  Then put int 11.12 for top action ratio and
0,54 for KR... also yeilding a 6.0 overall ratio.... and note that the
resulting BW is nearly 1 gram higher.

Perhaps 1 grams difference is slightly less the of earth shaking
significance... but it does clearly show that the Stanwood Balance
Equation doesnt quite show as clear a picture of the weight
relationships in the grand action as we thought.

http://www.pianostemmer.no/files/kr-to-bw-effect.xls

Cheers
RicB