Yamaha C6 bass strings

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 10 May 2004 18:32:50 -0400

Friends,

I've been tuning a Yamaha C6 grand for the last five years, 6-month
tunings and a complete Piano Life Saver system..  I don't know its age,
since Pierce only goes to 1996, but it's newer than that.  I tuned it
again today, and it sounds to me like some of the bass string windings
are loose.  I didn't do anything about it for two reasons.  One, they
haven't complained about it.  Two, I think I read on this forum at some
time that Yamaha felt the strings shouldn't need twisting.

Does anyone remember any kind of discussion about this?  It seems to me
that a piano of this caliber shouldn't be having this problem.  Or has
it been a problem common in this model?  Your input is appreciated.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT