Kimball Electramatic

D.L. Bullock dlbullock@att.net
Mon, 10 May 2004 19:51:51 -0500

My VistaPrint Electronic Business CardThe problem  is not the motor.  I
suspect you mean the roll drive motor.  There is also a suction pump motor,
which usually needs to be taken out and have the armature cleaned.
Grainger will have a replacement if it really is toast.

The roll drive motor is connected to a gear box.  The gears are the problem.
They are all gunked up with dried grease.  If you try to play the piano you
will strip out the gears and they are hard find replacements for.  Remove
the motor and gear box.  Open it up and clean everything in kerosene or
other carburetor cleaner.  Be careful to not damage the plastic or fiber
gears.  Some will melt in really strong chemicals.  It is also possible
there is already stripped gears.  You will have to go to MMD for info on
replacements.

D.L. Bullock    St. Louis
www.thepianoworld.com

Piano World