Gas price increase

Mon, 10 May 2004 18:24:58 -0700

While the customer can't charge for his to and from work, he/she doesn't
generally travel to multiple sites during any given work day.  Cost of
travel both in terms of time and auto expense should be factored into the
price of a service call.  Whether you charge those who live farther more,
or simply have a flat rate which takes into consideration your average
travel time (my preference) it should be a factor in establishing a price.
I don't like to charge those who live farther for the same reason that I
don't charge those who live in my neighborhood less.  I prefer to use an
average time of travel as part of my calculation figuring that I will
inevitably have to travel some in order to accomodate a large enough
clientele to keep me busy.   If someone lives out of my service area and
insists that I come, then I will charge them travel time.  Otherwise, it's
the same for everyone.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

John