Ronsen Hammers

Ray Negron ray@ronsen-hammer.com
Tue, 11 May 2004 21:53:01 -0400

Hi Gordon,

Our presses are one of the styles Dolge used, and are old, but I can't say
if they were actually his presses. We replaced the inner workings of the
machines some years ago. We do have a molder which we use for making our
hammer moldings that was from the Dolge factory.

Ray Negron

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of gordon stelter
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 2:45 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Ronsen Hammers

Mr. Negron,
     I once heard that you use the actual, 19th
Century hammer presses from Alfred Dolge's factory in
Dolgeville, N.Y..
     Is this true ?
     Thump

P.S. On this trek I also found an extremely early
( 1895 ) Peerless coin piano, and a mint S&S Duo-Art (
"OR" ) in a  church sanctuary. Bought the Peerless for
$200, but the Duo-Art is probably still up there.