Adjusting grand hammer positions on shanks

Gordon Holley gwholley@hi-techhousing.com
Wed, 12 May 2004 09:24:14 -0500

Hello List.  Very recently installed new grand hammers on new shanks and =
now need to make some adjustments in the alignment position of some of =
the hammers on the shanks.  I did use hot hide glue. =20
What heat source should I use to soften the glue so that I can make the =
minute movements of the hammers on the shanks?.=20
I do have an electrice heat gun, a butane tourch (don't want to burn up =
the hammers and shanks), an electric shank bender and a shank bender =
that you heat up with a alcohol lamp. =20
I'm going to need one hand on the shank to hold it, one hand on the =
hammer to make the adjustments, how is the heat source positioned on the =
shank and hammer to soften the glue?.
Many thanks in advance.
Gordon Holley
Associate, Chap 467, Indiana