Business Doldrums ...and finding help

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 13 May 2004 06:08:45 -0400

Friends,

This is how Alan finds it, and another piano technician (and
acquaintance of mine) feels that there has been a slowdown in both piano
sales and service since the beginning of the year throughout the
nation.  Are the rest of you experiencing the same thing?  At the moment
I have the opposite problem.  It won't always be this way, but this
month I have so much work I can hardly think straight, and next month
appears to be more of the same.

Do any of you have experience with hiring someone to help you do piano
tuning and service work?  Can you give me some thoughts on how such an
arrangement would work?  Subcontracting maybe?  We have some
up-and-coming technicians in this area.  I would like to hit the happy
middle ground between having too much work, and ending up promoting
someone else to the point that my own income suffers.

Any information from those who have been in this position will be
helpful.  Thank you.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT