drop screw question

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Thu, 13 May 2004 12:41:09 EDT

In a message dated 5/13/2004 6:49:54 AM Pacific Standard Time,
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:
Asuming it is not related to some other regulation problem (like weak
repetition springs), you could always add material to the top fo the balancier under
the drop screw, a thin piece of leather, perhaps.  I suspect that the hammers
are very worn,
Wouldn' t this be backwards? One actually needs to put thinner material
there. However, I suspect the plate's higher than usual. If the string line's more
than, say, 193 mm off the keybed in the middle of the scale, and the hammer
centers are 145 or below, perhaps a shim under the action feet would help. I
agree that the hammers are too short for the situation.

Bob Davis