Ragtime/Honky Tonk tuning, was out of tune

jason kanter jkanter@rollingball.com
Mon, 17 May 2004 16:18:17 -0700

The way I interpret the guidelines is this:
All the middle strings of all the trichords are to be tuned in ET based =
on A-440; all the left strings to be tuned in ET based on A-434; and all =
the right-hand strings to be tuned in ET based on A-446. This produces =
the +6,-6 beats at A4.
So, following Jon's suggestion, we would strip mute all the three-string =
unisons and tune all the center strings as usual. Then we would set the =
ETD to A-434 (how to do this varies with device) and tune all the =
left-hand strings, and finally set the ETD to A-446 and tune all the =
right-hand strings.
jason kanter * piano tuning=20
bellevue, wa * 425 562 4127 * cell 425 831 1561
orcas island * 360 376 2799

  ----- Original Message -----=20