Alfred Dolge would smile upon us

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Tue, 18 May 2004 14:42:48 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Hello Phillip,
>
>I was in the Wurzen factory...
>The secret of the Wurzen factory is that they control this fulling process
>to the max and that is why we now have such a high quality felt (again).
>If you look at the latest Wurzen AAA quality felt you will notice a higher
>density of the fibers. Yes, you can actually see it.
>But most of all, you can actually hear it. ...
>Andr� Oorebeek

Andre,

Is it really true that you don't own stock in Filzfabrik Wurzen?

By the way, have you tried their damper felts?

What does AAA quality mean?  Do they make other qualities?  Do they decide
beforehand what quality of felt they are making, or do they determine that
somehow after the piece of felt is made?

For those that would like a bit more info:

http://www.filzfabrik-wurzen.de/

Phil Ford