Toray Industries Ecsaine Dept

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Tue, 18 May 2004 23:47:50 +0200

I forward you  that information on Ecsaine I received from Toray (thanks Internet and Email)

Dear Mr./Ms.Isaac OLEG,

We thank you for your inquiry to our website and for the
interest you have shown in our products. We are glad to answer your inquiry as follows.

1. Ecsaine is formed from Micro-fiber Polyester and Polyurathane and
generally is not durable to strong acids or alkali.  Please do not use any
solvents, such as DMF, which will dissolve the Polyurathane. Also depends
on the characteristics of the solvents used and the conditions of usage.

3.There is a nap orientation for ecsaine in one direction. Also, there is
an orientation for the fabric and the strech differs vertically and
horizontally.

4.Basic glues are usable. We recommend epoxy base glue.
  In Japan, hide glue(made from animals bones, skin, etc.) is used for
piano applications.

5.We have overseas shipments  to a company named
Louis Renner GmbH in Germany. As you know, they manufacture piano action

Please do not hesitate to Call upon us if you need further
information.

Very complete answer to my questions ;

So Ecsaine have a nap (was unsure of that point) and is sensitive to some solvents (Dimethylformamide (DMF)is used in the making of artificial leather and other textiles) DMF is said to be a "high boiling" solvent, what does it mean please ?

Then, I know I use some for backchecks sometime, but I will not buy rolls most probably, nowadays, if I consider the cost little strips are sold to us a price request should prove interesting.

Best Regards , hope it is of some interest to you.

Isaac OLEG