Hammer Felt the A quality getting better every day

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Wed, 19 May 2004 01:21:24 +0200

Hi Phil,
thanks for your words. I did not believe you where having disrespect
to Wurzen, that is due to my simplified English if you felt so .

Notice that the original "AA" quality from Wurzen have get so much
better in a few days that it is now the AAAA quality !

I believe that Laoureux was making hammer felt from a long time as
part of the production. I am less sure for VFG, possibly the German
factories asked them to produce some after the closing of Wurzen .
If some wool is not carbonized, another process may be used with the
washing to get rid of unwanted material.
I'll have a look at your site. May be also what is called carbonizing
those days is the whole process, including bleach, while the vegetal
are yet carbonized. The acid is stopped with a base during the washing
(or is the acid used after washing, I am still unsure of the process).
So the allergy to acid seem a little strange to me, if well done, no
acid traces may remain, as stopping acid with a base is a very
efficient process I guess.

best regards , I like to live those days !