Kimball Grand

allegropt@comcast.net allegropt@comcast.net
Wed, 19 May 2004 22:23:20 +0000

Greetings All,

I have a customer with a 40 year old, Kimball baby grand that’s missing some sort of cleat or stop, as I understand it, that is supposed to prevent the piano from sliding off of its legs.  From this account, I’m lead to believe that the legs are attached to the piano case by some sort of sliding joint and that these cleats/stops are meant to prevent the legs from sliding off of their respective joints.

I have two questions regarding the legs and cleats/stops that I’m looking for help on:

1) Is this information and my related assumptions correct on how the legs are attached?

2) What was the approximate shape and of these cleats/stops before they were lost?

Thanks,

Don  Bee, Jr.