Removing Mold/Thumper

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 19 May 2004 16:34:41 -0700

Thumper said: "Yes, I am quite certain that a hospital would love to
let you put a filthy old piano action in an autoclave!
( Not.) "

Thumper,
How do you know, unless you try it!???? It is possible. Having worked in
Central Supply and other areas of Hospitals, I know it is possible. Most of
the stuff they put in a Gas Autoclave is far more dangerous and icky than
what you will find in pianos! I suspect you would need to talk to many
"powers-that-be" to get it done, but I'll bet it's doable! Also, you would
be required to give it a good cursory cleaning before hand. Not a biggee in
my mind.

Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I