OT - Re: subject lines

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 20 May 2004 07:13:35 -0400

That might depend on which dictionary you are using as your authority.
Under "mould" mine (Webster's College Dictionary, 1995) simply says that
mould is more a British spelling.  I have to turn to "mold" to get all
three definitions.

The same applies to gray-grey.  Look up grey and all I find is "gray."
I need to turn there to find all the definitions (where it also implies
that we tend to use them interchangeably).

Some of you will remember the big discussion several years ago of
whippen versus wippen.  Following that whippen seems to have fallen into
disuse.  At least I don't recall seeing it since then.

Regards,
Clyde