Relocating knuckles

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 20 May 2004 19:40:05 EDT

 List
 I don't know if this ever became a problem with your practice but I
frequently remove brand new Renoir shanks with the wrong dimension rollers from
previously "rebuilt" pianos. I.e. 15.5 or 16 mm from the center. However I would
like to utilize the $350 or more parts by installing new rollers & locate them at
16.5 or 17 mm location. So I'm looking for someone who has already gone down
this learning curve. With the right jig this job can't take 2 hours plus
rollers. I've used a band saw but wasn't happy with the results. Any clues. I have
5 sets!!!
  Why invent a new learning curve if someone already has one
  Dale Erwin

Erwins Pianos Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, Ca 95357