Relocating knuckles

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 20 May 2004 22:21:40 EDT

<< With the right jig this job can't take 2 hours plus
rollers. I've used a band saw but wasn't happy with the results. Any clues. I
have
5 sets!!!
  Why invent a new learning curve if someone already has one >>

I would think the proper kerf on a radial arm saw blade, moving across a
small jig that holds the hammer shank in place.  I would use a cam to hold the
shank tight.   The right dimension of veneer would take up the proximal space???
   I have seen this sort of set-up used to cut slots on fret-boards, it just
took a milled down blade.

Ed Foote RPT