Kimball Grand

John Voigt jvoigt@gwtc.net
Fri, 21 May 2004 09:35:13 -0500

Don,

I have a Kimball grand (about 1907 vintage) with a similar arrangement
for securing the two front legs.  The wedge is approximately 9.25 in.
long and 2.75 in. wide tapered down to 2.25 in. with one side rabbeted
to half its thickness to fit in the ledge that is screwed to the
underneath side of the piano.  There are two of the typical grand leg
plates, but they are oriented so the leg needs to be moved to the side
rather than back to be removed.

I don't know if my description is very clear.  If you are interested I
could take some pictures and email them to you privately.  I hope this
is helpful.

John Voigt
Avon, SD