Relocating Knuckles

Fri, 21 May 2004 12:24:02 -0700

I haven't found it to be a problem.  On the first pass leave a little bit
of the knuckle and then runit by again to clean it up.  When cutting the
slot it's more important not to cut it too shallow than too deep.  Use a
calipers when installing the new knuckle to insure that they end up similar
in height.  I glue them with hot hide glue which grabs fast and fills
nicely.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net