Best piano in your world.

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Sat, 22 May 2004 09:45:31 -0700

I remember playing on the 10'-2" Fazioli that was touring the country a
few years back. It was a quiet moment in the Albuquerque "Annual"
convention exhibit hall and I played a Debussy piece that I remember
from childhood, and I played it noticeably better than I had before -
more musically. I fell in love with the sound and there's nothing like
engaging the ears to make music.

But it was more than the tone quality that I'm talking about. It was the
predictable response that each key had, and the unbelievable dynamic
range which amazed me.

There have been other pianos, new, used and rebuilt, since then which
have suddenly removed my socks and it would be hard to say which was the
most magical without some side-by-side comparison. I wanted to say that
it is more than just the tone of a piano which impresses me but the
whole experience of playing it. If the instrument feels like a part of
me and I'm only aware of the music, that's what feels like magic to me.

Tom Cole