Best piano in your world.

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Sun, 23 May 2004 16:34:36 -0700

There are a lot, actually:

---an unrebuilt American O that's just like fairyland---what Boesendorfers
try to be.

---a late '80's Hamburg C that I picked out in London and maintain here in
CA.

---a mid-70's M&H CC2, which we've done a lot of action work on and which I
maintain---it's got the biggest bass, the most massive fundamental, of any
piano I've ever heard.

---a 1928 Steinert & Sons O copy that sits in my ex-wife's living room.

---a hybrid German-American Steinway D made in Hamburg in 1981.
    (American rim and board, German plate, strings, back action, and action)

---a 20-year-old Yamaha C3 that is freakishly, and I mean freakishly
beautiful and resonant and singing.

---a 1922 long A we just rebuilt.

---a couple other mid-teen O's we've re-whatevered in the last 8 or so
years.

---a 1928 unrestored B that used to be on the soundstage at Paramount, now
owned by a struggling older musician. Unbelievable singing tone.

---a rare 1917 American C that we rebuilt 3 years ago. A true queen.
    Ask Dale Erwin about this one.

Just a few that come to mind.  I'm so grateful for the amazing pianos I work
on.....

David Andersen