was best piano-- now most memorable piano

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Sun, 23 May 2004 19:05:10 -0400

List,

            Shifting gears from the most interesting thread on  "best "
pianos.

Early in my training while working with the late Paul Hegent RPT in
Sebring Fla.(1974) I was helping in his little shop, trying to hear the
beats on the Memphis -Aeolian spinets and consoles that Paul was then
selling  . I felt like giving up when we went to an old tourist hotel
and in the nightclub---was a six foot Sohmer -worn to hell, but WOW!
Those thirds and sixths and tenths just jumped out at me.

            Maybe I can do this!

My most memorable piano.

            Tom Driscoll