For your Listening Pleasure

Wed, 26 May 2004 21:10:22 +0200

Hi Ron

Ron Koval wrote:

> RicB,
>
> Sweet!  Sounds like this one is a joy to have around... is this tuned
> with octave +5th tuning to the top?  When you get a solo piano
> recording, would you post that as well?

Yes... I always use the P 12th tuning now. Bass curve is for perfect
6:3's as a reference... but I usually end up introducing a slow wide
roll to those in biger pianos.... kinda depends tho.  :) Never yet found
a piano that didnt end up sounding very nice with perfect 12ths from the
tenor up tho.  But this piano in particular is just plain beautiful
sounding. Even with this one mic recording the sound shines through.

I'm planning this fall on buying my own 8 channel input track digital
recording unit so that we can track live recordings for master mixes
later on. At that point we can start getting some pretty decent quality
recordings at the UiB.  A good proffesional quality solo recording for
this piano is in the works tho... funding and the rest have to be
approved.  In the meantime... :)

Cheers
RicB