Tuning Devices

Wed, 26 May 2004 16:53:24 -0700

As far as learning to tune goes, I think the SAT III is a good machine.
The various functions allow you to direct tune and compare coincident
partials of various intervals easily which is a good check for your ears
while you are learning.  Though I am currently using the Verituner, the SAT
III would be my recommendation for a good way to balance developing aural
skills with an electronic aid.  I do think it's important to develop aural
skills, and there are arguments pro and con for using an ETD versus not
using one.  I think the best thing is to use both and be disciplined about
not shutting off your ears.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net