Mutiple bouncing

Jere Fryett jfryett@minot.ndak.net
Wed, 26 May 2004 20:56:33 -0500

Dear List,

Several of the new Yamaha P22's and M600's that have been coming into the
store here in Minot have terrible multiple bounce problems on very soft
playing.  I have tried several things and nothing seems to work for
me.  The specs seem to be on or at least fairly close.  For key height I
get 58mm from the key bed but only 19mm from the top of the key slip to the
top of the key.  The hammer strikes the wire before the jack is halfway
out.  Loud playing or even moderately loud playing gives no problem, it is
just that very soft, light touch that gives the problem.

What should I do short of a full regulation?  Is there a quick fix?  I have
some luck increasing the key dip but not a lot.  There are people looking
at these pianos but they bounce so badly they are getting turned off.

Thanks for your help.

Jere