hammer won't return all the way

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Thu, 27 May 2004 14:40:31 -0400

Greetings,

           I was called to service a 5' Young Chang grand piano ...  the
key when played softly, strikes the string, but does not fully return to
rest on it's hammer pad ...

... Any suggestions? ...

Julia,

Based on this comment, checking the center pin resistance of the flanges
would be my first order of business along with assuring that none of the
parts in question or rubbing or binding against its neighbor.

Keith

--

Keith McGavern

            Julia,

            Ditto to Keith's post.

Lots of very tight hammer flange-shank centers on these pianos.

            Protek can work somewhat but reaming -repining is usually
necessary usually  to all 88 of them.

            Call Phil Glenn @Y.C.  .He may be able to help you and get
the Mannino reamer set from Schaff.

            Tom Driscoll