Verituner and Pitch Raises

Wally Scherer afinetune@yahoo.com
Fri, 28 May 2004 12:35:17 -0700 (PDT)

I have been using the Verituner for 2 and a half years and am very happy with it. For pitch raises it does a superb job. But it doesn't save any time, as far as I can tell. Doing a complete pitch raise, trying to stop the needle, or put it very close to the mark, takes me quite a while - a good 50 minutes usually. I'm talking about a piano which is 30 cents or more flat. But when I do the fine tuning afterwards, the pitch is very close to the mark, and that generally takes me about 30 minutes more.

When I used to do the pitch raise aurally, I was sometimes very close, but sometimes very far off. The pitch raise would only take about 20 to 30 minutes, depending on which method I used, but the fine tuning would take longer.

Wallace T. Scherer, Piano Technician, Music Educator
Piano Tuning & Repairs, Piano Lessons, Edwards String Covers
P.O. Box 4121, Lantana, Florida, 33465
Phone: 561-432-4121
Web page: http://www.angelfire.com/biz6/afinetune