wire coming out of beckett

Jean-Jacques Granas jjgranas@zigzag.pl
Sat, 29 May 2004 11:54:18 +0200

Hi Mark,

I must have strung several dozen pianos since I started servicing =
pianos, and I never came accross something like that.
For all that it's worth, the first thing that came to my mind as I read =
your post is to inquire about the hardness of the piano wire. After all, =
hard steel wire bent 90 degrees and fed into a hole whose depth is =
anywhere from 5 to 10 times its thickness just shouldn't straighten out =
this way. Most peculiar.=20
Perhaps the pins are made of such soft material that the edge of the =
hole has become round and polished and it just doesn't "bite" into the =
string as it should. Just my thoughts.

Peace,
Jean-Jacques Granas
Warsaw