Tuning Devices for learning (was Tuning Devices)

Nelson. Gene (MSA) nelsong@SacCounty.NET
Mon, 31 May 2004 15:06:17 -0700

If he tested at Sac State I had the pleasure of helping with the exam.
This was my first experience doing this. Great tuner and great
experience.
Gene Nelson RPT
Sacramento Valley Chapter

-----Original Message-----
From: Carman Gentile [mailto:cgpiano@humboldt1.com]
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2004 2:47 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Tuning Devices for learning (was Tuning Devices)

    One of our chapter's Associate members started from the beginning
using
an old Accutuner as a learning tool.  I had some concerns that he might
become too dependent upon it.  (I did not acquire an ETD until I could
set
a temperament and tune without one.)

   Well...  this particular Associate just took the PTG tuning
examination
--WITHOUT using his EDT-- and his scores were all above 90 percent.
We're
very proud of him.

Carman Gentile RPT
Redwood Chapter